Large Black sheepskin Rug
Eluxury Home merino sheepskin rugs emulate luxury and comfort making this large black sheepskin rug an inviting floor rug for any living room space. Proudly made in Australia by eluxury home using the finest quality Merino, Australian sheepskins. These merino sheepskins are carefully sourced from natural by-products and eco-friendly sheepskins resulting in sheepskin wool that have not been processed through harsh and toxic chemicals making our sheepskin rugs healthier, safer and softer.
Hand crafted by talented sheepskin artisans this large black sheepskin rug is created using eight merino sheepskins that form a beautiful and natural organic scalloped edge. Each sheepskin is individually pre-selected prior to the making of this beautiful octo sheepskin rug. The shaggy and thick wool is not not only cosy and warm but merino sheepskin is also breathable and cooling allowing this beautiful sheepskin rug to be enjoyed all year round while looking stylish for many years to come.
dimensions: approx: 200cm x 200cm
wool pile: 5-7cm
black merino sheepskin rug
premium quality sheepskins
Made in Australia
sustainable & eco-friendly
This black merino sheepskin rug is a natural product therefore variation is expected between individual sheepskins resulting in every sheepskin rug to be unique and different. Variation in colour tone, size, shape, wool length, density and texture are all classed natural characteristics.
Our Sustainable Sheepskins
- Sheepskins are a by-product of the meat industry from sustainably managed farms
- Sheepskins are supplied by members of the SEDEX – leaders in ethical trade
- SMETA AUDITS – sheepskin supplier audited yearly for health and safety treatments for workers & environment.
- Energy – Tannery reducing energy levels through the use of solar panels and gas heating
- Recycling of water, salts, bio-waste and grease during tanning production
- New enzyme technology with reduction in detergent and chemical output
- Our sheepskins are certified with the wool mark logo ensuring authentic wool product
- OEKO-TEX certified for lighter colours only
- Sheepskins meet the quality and safety standards of ISO
- Regularly testing by Intertek to ensure sheepskins are free from pesticide residue, formaldehyde and heavy metals & AZO dyestuffs.
- We reuse / or sell our sheepskin scraps and cuttings with minimal waste disposal.
- Loose and wool fibers are preserved to fill pillows cases for cat and dog beds.